Monday 1 October 2012

A Step of Justice has been taken...

So today October 1st marks the first day of 'No Junk for a Month' and 'Justice Awareness'.

For Justice Awareness today was an action day. Shoes were the focus, as many children in developing countries don't have shoes. This not only can be a health concern as diseases can be easily transmitted through the feet, as well as infections from cuts and sore. But no shoes can also mean no school as many schools insist on shoes as part of the uniform.

The action today was to go barefoot for the day if possible, or spend part of the day barefoot. As I work in manufacturing I couldn't go barefoot, so I went to work without my Orthotics.  Now this may not sound like much a a big deal, but when you have worn Orthotics for the past 10 years, then your feet get used to them, without that support my feet are not happy, especially when I'm on them all day. By 9am this morning my feet were yelling at me... Each time I heard them yell, I would shift my thinking from my own feet, to those who not only don't have shoes, but also access to foot care like I do so that may feet can be made happy.



"No junk for a month" - my lack of snacking on yummy treats hit me at about 3pm this afternoon, normally I would smash down some chocolate at this time to get me to 4:30 and then get into my chips once I got home. Not today- instead I had a glass of water and a Mandarin. Fruit does no trump chips but I have been good so far.


No comments:

Post a Comment