Tuesday 16 October 2012

I NEEEEEEEEEED Something...

When my sister and I were younger we use to storm the grocery cupboards for something exciting to eat. There were always dry biscuits or something but they were never what we actually wanted. Mum would point out that a Salada with Vegemite would be good, or a piece of fruit, but it wasn't going to cut it. We would always end up calling out "But I NEEEEEEEEEEEED something". Meaning something dirty and junky to put in our tummies.

 Right nowI want some chips and an Ice Break. I want the salty goodness and sweet yummyness. But these are things I don't need. I am surviving perfectly ok with not eating junk. Although I am finding it hard to draw the line at what is junk and what isn't.

I work for a major confectionery company, we make chocolate and part of my role is to perform sensory analysis on the products we make... So does that count as junk or not? In the last 16 days I have also been offered by someone to buy me a coffee or a hash brown, because technically I'm not spending the money on junk, they are, and can you knock back a gift?  I get stuck in the greys areas. As these people are offering I have been able to tell them what I a doing, and some sponsorship has also come out of these discussions.

For me it's about the foods I go to when I can't be bothered or I'm just looking at filling in some time till tea time. So its the KFC and the Ice Break and the Light and Tangy Chips that have gone. I have also held my self back on the chocolate, free or not free.

Right now I want some chips, but I am having an apple and a glass of water. If anything out of eating no junk, I have been eating better. I have even spent some time in the kitchen, much to the kitchens surprise. But more importantly it has saved me money, which in turn I will donate to building wells in Uganda.

1 comment:

  1. I NEEEEEEEEEEEED something.
    I still do this sometimes :P

    ReplyDelete