Thursday 4 October 2012

Hungry or Bored?

I find it extremely hard to tell the difference. To me they are the same thing. Except when I'm really hungry then my stomach begins to growl. But honestly I have never been really hungry. I have never gone a day without food, or ever had to wonder where or when my next meal will come. There are millions of people in the world that go hungry every day, day after day. My biggest food struggle is not knowing what to have.


No Junk for a Month has really got me thinking about the food I eat and how much money I actually spend on junk. Tonight would normally be a KFC on the way home from Physio night, but instead I'm boiling up some rice and steaming some vegies. Pretty healthy hey?! Rice is such a staple in developing countries. When was in Thailand we ate rice for breakfast lunch and dinner. It came in so many different forms, from fried, to boiled to porridge (was never a fan of the rice porridge). One thing I remember every time I eat rice now, is how thankful the children were, that we spent time with, for their meals. To not only to have sufficient amount of food to eat, but also because they knew of the hard work that went into growing that rice and what it means for the rice farmers and their community. I heard someone say on day that they didn't like to waste a single grain.

2 comments:

  1. hey meg! i'm loving your posts. thanks for sharing your journey with us. You are inspiring! and i miss you so it's nice to hear your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete